Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Garden's, Books and Memories...

I had a delightful Mom's Day. Hubby and son James took me to the Garden Center, patiently assisted in the choosing of plants and then sowed my beautiful vegetable garden. They planted it on the sunny side of the house were I can watch the bounty grow from our screen porch. I have tomatoes of varying colors, summer squash, eggplant, peppers and at Leigh's request grape tomatoes. I cherish memories of her as a toddler snacking on tomatoes off the vine displaying a big grin while the juice dripped off her chin. Oh but that was oh so long ago and now she is the world traveler living across a very big sea. I miss her terribly, but joyfully she will be home this summer. Before I digress further into sappy reflection I will get back on course...

Aside from enjoying my Mother's Day breakfast (those of you that did read the earlier post, eggs benedict was indeed on the menu) Ryan gave me a new book, "Animal, Mineral, Miracle" A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver. I picked it up last night and its a fabulously plucky read.

No comments:

Post a Comment