Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Enchanted Mermaids from Natalie Silitch

I stumbled upon these fanciful ornaments in a glitzy little gift shop in Key West last fall. When I spied these little ladies sitting on a shelf I swear they were calling my name and I had to bring one home. Both owning small retail businesses with similar styles, the shop owner and I had much in common so a friendly conversation ensued. I was disappointed she was unable to share information on the artist. When I returned home I turned my tiny little frown upside down with a simple internet search (I love google). As it turns out the artist, Natalie Silitch stems from Annapolis, Maryland. A self-taught artist, she has been creating her whimsical fabric ornaments for years. Natalie is a delight to speak with and it is a pleasure to peddle her wares. Her playful mermaids have found a new home in my Coastal Carolina shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment