Wednesday, March 11, 2009

H20 on the Go!


Recently attending the Food Expo here in OBX, I was approached by several sales rep’s trying to peddle they’re bottled waters. While some were very good, there was one that stood out among the rest. The company is Mountain Valley Spring Water and I was delighted to find not only a clean refreshing taste but a company that has eco-friendly values. So of course when I got home I did some research to find if there was truth behind the sales pitch? And there was.


MVSW produces both spring water and sparkling water. I’m a huge fan of both but I try to stay away from the plastic bottles. I confess even though I put forth a good effort there are always those times, mostly when I’m traveling, that the only source of water comes out of a plastic bottle. I’ve come to despise plastic bottles, not only because of what they do to our environment but also because of the toxins that leach into the drinking water itself. MVSW is the first manufacturer to use recycled PET resin bottles for their 12 oz. products. After a long search on the internet I failed to find another spring water company that does. The pretty 16 oz. glass bottles used for the spring and sparkling waters are not only recyclable they’re made from recycled content.


I have an affinity toward Italian sodas which are contrived from sparkling water. Normally I would use San Pellegrino with lots of ice and raspberry soda syrup. I buy Torani syrup which has proven to be very good and also because it’s the only one available here on the beach. It is truly a refreshing beverage especially in the dead heat of summer. I took the risk and switched out the Pellegrino for the MVSW, success was achieved!


If you’re curious take a look at their website, it’s full of information. Here’s a little tidbit; every drop of Mountain Valley Spring Water comes from a single spring surrounded by a protected forest in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains near Hot Springs, Arkansas. In fact, Mountain Valley Spring Company owns and protects over 630 acres of forest that surround the spring. The company has been around for 130 years, with all the companies that come and go Mountain Valley must be doing something right.



1 comment:

  1. I like the warm fuzzies from the eco-chic water, but I love the packaging even more. I love the idea of having a little grouping of them on the kitchen counter...pretty! (Or imagine using them for flowers, oooo... possibilities!)

    ReplyDelete