Sunday, March 15, 2009

Digging up some Dirt.....


Dirt candles to be exact. Having written a previous post advocating the quality of these organic soy candles I have more dirt to dish. I recently discovered that Dirt also sells their candles in a 2 oz. tealight size. Dirt boasts 6 hours of burn time for these little candles, which is indeed true. Of course they are assuming you won't knock over the tealight spilling the wax all over your kitchen counter. Not that I would know anything about that.

Like many of us I purchase bags of tealights only to find they burn for about 25 to 30 minutes. This is why they come in inexpensive sacks of plenty. I purchased the Dirt tealights as samples to test new scents. Don't be fooled by its size. Aside from their pleasant aromatherapy qualities I was impressed by the longevity of this 2 oz candle. I can't think of another place where I can purchase a 6 hr. soy candle for only $2.00. I had a few un-used tealights left over and used them as giveaways for my customers. One woman pointed out that these would make great favors for a bridal shower. After having used the tealight a group of vacationers returned wanting to buy additional candles. Unfortunately, I was all out... but not for long, my replacement order is on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment