Monday, February 2, 2009

Elizabeth Lord Naturals.... soaps that make a difference


After hearing several friends rave about Elizabeth Lord products I thought it was time to give them a try. My first impression of Robin, the creator of these fine products was “she glows”. Seriously, her skin is radiant. In her own words, “Elizabeth Lord has a passion for purity and wholesomeness in the things we live with, the food we eat, and the things we put on our skin. Our personal care products are Pure, Simple & Fresh!”

I have always made the effort to take care of my skin and I have my grandmother to thank for it. She was a stickler for good skin care and she used all natural ingredients. As a young girl she would tell me to take care of my face "clean and moisturize". Then she would add “don’t forget your neck”. Anyone over the age of 30 knows she was right. There isn’t a day that I don’t wash my face and moisturize without remembering my grandmother’s words. There is something to be said for good, wholesome skin care.

At Elizabeth Lord each batch is made from scratch using only the finest natural, organic and vegan ingredients like extra-virgin olive oil, shea butter and jojoba. The fresh scent is intoxicating, derived from only pure aromatherapy essential oils.

I took Robin’s recommendation and first tried the Shea Butter Soap. Have you every heard your skin squeak? I used it from head to toe, even washing my hair with it. I’ve never felt so squeaky clean. It moisturizes even the most sensitive skin. With the subtle scent of lavender you’ll leave the shower feeling like you just walked out of a spa. The Vetiver and Bay is a masculine soap for bathing and shaving. My husband and sons appreciate that it smells clean, not flowery. Give it to a man who appreciates the finer things or to a woman who appreciates a fine smelling man. Use the Oatmeal and Honey for a facial soap. It’s wonderful for sensitive skin and I’m told from a few reliable sources that it works well on acne. The soaps are elegantly packaged. They look as if they came from Provence, each hand wrapped in blue toile paper. Leave one on your night stand for a bit of bedtime aromatherapy!

The Dead Sea Salt Soak is a spa favorite. It’s rich in magnesium and other essential minerals needed for skin health. Each cobalt blue jar is packaged with a natural shell for scooping. The facial scrub is my personal favorite. Just add honey and it turns into a mask.

Elizabeth Lord products are currently sold in distinctive boutiques, shops and spas. No matter where you find them, you’ll be glad you did. Take some time out of your busy life for some well deserved luxury and pampering.

1 comment:

  1. I've tried the Dead Sea salt scrub (another brand) and it was fabulous. Unfortunately it cost an arm and a leg and I found myself wondering if I could boy scout something together with some sea salt and oils.

    (And awesome name as well! Great Kerrys think alike. haha!)

    ReplyDelete