Monday, February 2, 2009

Bragging Rights....



This post has nothing to do with the environment, saving the world or decorating our lives. It’s more like a shameless plug regarding my sister Michelle’s blog. I have spent the last 30 years of my life surrounded by foodies. My husband is a chef, my oldest son is studying to become a chef and now Michelle, a lover of fine food has become a food blogger. She and I subscribe to different writing styles, I’m cautiously moderate while she has an unrestrained point of view. Although I appear more conventional, don't let it fool you. I embrace her rakish humor and high regard for a good four letter word.

This is where the bragging rights begin. The Well Fed Network nominated her for their “Best Food Blogger – Humor” award. Which she did win, beating celebrated chef and blogger David Lebowitz by a landslide...and she won some cool stuff, for which I am a tad jealous. To put the icing on her cake, she has a second nomination. This time for the highly acclaimed Web Blog Awards a.k.a. the Bloggies. For those of you that are unfamiliar with the bloggie…. it’s the academy award among bloggers. So here’s the rub; she needs votes to win. It’s my hope that your curiosity will take you to her blog site; Thursday Night Smackdown. Enter cautiously; her writing is not for the bashful or demure. When you like what you read and you’re chuckles subside please go to the Bloggies and cast your vote. Oops, I almost forgot, Thursday Night Smackdown is in the "Best Kept Secret" catagory. Thanks for indulging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment