Saturday, June 27, 2009

This is why I'm not a food blogger

I love cupcakes, they’re little tasty treats. Fun to make and fun to eat. It was with great enthusiasm that I baked the Neapolitan Cupcake's I found on “How to Eat a Cupcake”. I was unable to find the dark chocolate cocoa the recipe called for so I improvised with standard baking cocoa. Even with the cocoa switch the cupcakes were truly delicious despite their plunky appearance. The same held true of the icing, amazing flavor. Apparently in my haste I under whipped the egg whites and my frosting was more like soft strawberry ice cream. Equally as delicious but incapable of dressing a cupcake. My "much older" brother once proposed that I'm channeling Martha Stewart, HA! He would eat his words if he saw these cupcakes. No doubt Martha's cupscakes would be perfection. To the contrary only a true visionary would dare serve a cup cake with a side of "icing dip". Here we have two photo's, one of my cupcakes with icing on the side and the other of what I aspired to create. Hard to tell them apart, don’t you think?

1 comment:

  1. I loooove making cupcakes! That one in the pic. was so cool! I bought a cupcake tree in April to display the Easter cupcakes I made. I also invested in this beautiful pink box set "Delious CUPCAKES". 80 pages of recipes and a bunch of supplies. My first attempt was crude to say the least. I told everyone I invited children to my house to help, hehe! But, they knew the REAL truth. I too, aspire to be a great cupcake maker one day! -Char

    ReplyDelete