Sunday, June 7, 2009

Re-cycling some DIRT

I'm smitten with scented candles and I am forever on a quest to find the perfect one. Not only for myself but for my shop as well. Not too strong, long lasting, and eco-friendly. My search ended when my husband suggested Dirt Candles. I can only guess it was self preservation that caused him to research soy candles on the web. Probably tired of coming home every day to some new and sometimes unusual scent. I had tested a bounty of samples and while some were pleasant others truly assaulted our senses.


Why Dirt? For starters I think they're amazing and I'm in good company. Hollywood agrees, DIRT candles were given as swag at the 2007 Academy Awards and Golden Globes. They have been featured in Home Decor, People, US and Style Magazines, just to name a few.

The soft, subtle aroma doesn't overwhelm. I sampled about a dozen scents and I found them all enjoyable. My favorite is Old Faithful.
I'm a sucker for a good vanilla candle. It has notes of Madagascar Vanilla, Tahitian Vanilla, Mexican Vanilla and herbs. Another favorite (probably because I live at the beach) is Beach Bum with Olfactory notes of seawater, kelp, fresh rain and white sand. Yep, its says fresh rain. I don't know how but its in there. No matter what scent you choose, you won't be disappointed.

These candles are eco-friendly from wick to box. Everything is bio-degradable. The box tells us that they burn for 60 hours, I can tell you they burn longer. The price is affordable, unlike other soy candles you won't have to break the bank to buy one. Just when I thought they couldn't get any better; a portion of the proceeds go to charities like Make a Wish Foundation, The American Cancer Society and Big Brothers and Sisters. If you love candles as much as I do you won't be dissappointed with DIRT!

No comments:

Post a Comment