Friday, September 18, 2009

Another reclaimed treasure...

The other night my sister and I were winding down from the day and sitting on my sofa with dueling lap tops. While Michelle wrote another quick witted post for her blog I cruised Etsy for a new find, and find it I did. It was a hand bag created by foundbynicki. The artist skillfuly crafts the hand bags from pre-owned leather jackets. The thought of this might bring back memories of hand bags we made as teenagers, sewing together pieces of old jeans to fashion a sack. These are nothing like that…. they’re actually nice. Nice being an understatement, they’re actually gorgeous. When I showed the pictures to Michelle she had an equally joyful reaction. Nothing can get the attention of two grown women like a leather hand bag or a new pair of shoes.

You really should check out Etsy, if you haven’t already. There are all sorts of wonderfully unique items, each crafted by creative and talented artist. If you like the idea of recycling leather coats into hand bags, I’ll indulge you with yet another site; Remade USA. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I realize this is slightly off-topic, but you are TNS's sister!

    As Shakespeare would say, "What a tangled web we weave!"

    The inter-connectivity of the web/blogosphere is crazy and never ceases to amaze me.

    Have a great weekend.

    -Luke Sidewalker

    ReplyDelete