Sunday, July 5, 2009

I'll Keep My Day Job

We have clearly established that I am not a food blogger, however I do love to bake. After my recent cupcake failure I felt a need to redeem myself. In celebration of my daughters return from her year long adventure in Europe, I baked a pie. I found this "Easy Coconut Pie Recipe" on Cooks.com, the title held true as easy it was. I knew the vodka pie crust recipe from Cook's Illustrated Magazine would work well with the filling. I tried this recipe for the first time this past Thanksgiving and it is by far the best crust I have ever made. And I have made a lot. The coconut custard filling with the vodka crust was a perfect match. Both were moist and flavorful. The pie was enjoyed by all and I was finally able to bask in baking glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment